As a direct entry applicant for Business Administration and Management, there are a few things to know upfront.
- What are the JAMB requirements for Business Administration through Direct Entry (DE)?
- Who are qualified to apply for the Direct Entry (DE)?
- Does each university have specific requirements other than the general ones demanded by JAMB?
This post will take you through these concerns and the related ones.
UTME applicant? Read, Business Admin/Mgt in Universities: UTME and SSSCE Requirements
General Requirements for Direct Entry Application for Business Administration
Generally, the qualifications for Direct Entry Application into Business Administration include:
- Bachelor’s Degree (BSC)
- Higher National Diploma (HND)
- National Diploma (ND)
- Nigeria Certificate in Education (NCE)
- Interim Joint Matriculation Board (IJMB)
- Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB)
- National Business Technical and Examination Board (NABTEB) Advanced Level
- Cambridge Advanced Level
- ICAN (e.g ATS, AIB)
JAMB Requirements for Business Administration Through Direct Entry
Applicants, with the O’level requirements, must also have at least Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography, or Statistics.
This requirement, of course, is the broad qualification and grades universities offering Business Administration must accept. However, each university may require more or less. Accordingly, below are the requirements of those universities.
Individual University’s Requirements for Business Administration Through Direct Entry
- Adekunle Ajasin University Akungba Akoko (AAUA), Ondo State accepts ND upper credit in relevant programmes or HND lower credit plus the SSCE requirements. The university also requires ‘A’ Level pass in Economics or Business Management.
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU) Zaria, Kaduna State accepts Two ‘A’ Level/IJMB passes in Management/Social Science Subjects one of which must be Economics. A Minimum Merit in ABU Diploma in Insurance, Management, Banking or Accounting.
- Federal University, Kashere (FUK), Gombe State accepts Two ‘A’ Level credit passes in Economics, Accounting, Management or ND/NCE with credit passes in relevant subjects.
- University of Abuja (UNIABUJA) accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Economics, Commerce; NCE or ND at upper credit level or ten (10) points in IJMB in relevant subjects in addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements
- Adamawa State University (ADSU) Mubi, Adamawa State accepts HND /ND/NCE at Credit/merit level in related programmes/subjects
- American University of Nigeria (AUN) Yola, Yola State accepts (a.) accepts ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Mathematics, Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Literature in English, Government, History, Economics, Geography, Further Mathematics, Technical Drawing, Visual Arts, Computer Studies, Information Technology, Civics, and French. (b.) ICGSE and ‘A’ Level Cambridge and does not offer admissions direct to 200 level programs. May transfer credits relevant to it’s major at the discretion of the Dean of School. The university does not accept ‘O’ Level credit passes in the following; Agriculture, Food and Nutrition, Home Economics, Home Craft, Home management, Physical Education, Physical and Health Education, Music, Commerce, Accounting, Financial Accounting, Book-keeping, Islamic History, Religious Studies, Tajweed, Library Studies, Diction, Kiswahili, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Arabic, Turkish, Study skills.
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki, Ebonyi State accepts HND, NCE/ND pass at merit/credit level in relevant programmes in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements. ND must be at upper credit level.
- Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUTECH), Enugu, Enugu State accepts ND in relevant programmes within the Faculty into 200 level in addition to the SSCE requirements.
- Federal University Dutsin-Ma (FUDUTSINMA) , Katsina State accepts Two ‘A’ level passes in Economics/Marketing and Mathematics or any Social Sciences subject. ND/NCE with good grades in Business Management from a recognized institution.
- University of Jos (UNIJOS), Plateau State accepts ND lower credit, DELSU and BAYERO (upper credit) in relevant programmes
- University of Lagos (UNILAG), Akoka Lagos State requires Very good passes in three (3) JUPEB/’A’ Level subjects: Economics and any two (2) of Financial Accounting, Business Management, Government, Geography and Mathematics.
- MCPHERSON University (McU) Abeokuta Ogun State accepts JUPEB/IJMB/ATS (Final) of ICAN or approved equivalent in related programmes. The also accepts AIB or other professional qualifications in relevant programmes.
- MADONNA University Okija, Anambra State accepts ND lower credit, AIB and Degree/HND in relevant programmes.
- Ebonyi State University (EBSU), Abakaliki, Ebonyi State accepts ND lower credit, AIB and Degree/HND in relevant programmes.
- Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu University Uli, Anambra State (COOU) accepts ND lower credit, AIB and Degree/HND in relevant programmes.
- Federal University of Lafia (FULAFIA) Nasarawa State accepts HND at lower credit, AIB or other Professional qualifications in relevant programmes or IJMB in relevant subjects not below ten (10) points.
- Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago-Iwoye, Ogun State accepts NCE/ND/HND.
- EVANGEL University Okpoto, Ebonyi State requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Economics and any of Science, Social Science or Management subjects plus ‘O’ Level requirements.
- University of Uyo (UNIUYO), Akwa Ibom State accepts ND/HND in relevant programmes, not below the upper/lower credit level for ND and HND respectivly. All Direct Entry candidates must satisfy the SSCE requirements.
- University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT), Rivers State accepts Two (2) Advanced level GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB passes in Mathematics and at least one (1) of Economics, Statistics, Accounts including UTME entry requirements.OND (upper credit) or HND (Merit Pass) in Business Education, Business Studies, Business Administration, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply, Office Management, Secretarial Administration, Public Business Studies or Business Studies from any recognized institution, including UTME entry requirements.NCE with at least credit passes in Business Education, Business Studies, Business Administration, Marketing, Purchasing and Supply, Office Management, Secretarial Administration, Public Business Studies or Business Studies from any recognised institution including UTME entry requirements
- Rivers State University of Science and Technology (RSUST), Port Harcourt, Rivers State accepts (a) OND/ND (Upper Credit) relevant to the discipline. (b) HND (Lower Credit) relevant to the programme. (c) Degree (Third Class) relevant to the programme. (d) At least two (2) ‘A’ level passes at GCE preferably in the Arts and Social Sciences.
- Igbinedion University Okada, Benin City accepts ND at credit level in related programmes.
- Ekiti State University (EKSU) Ado Ekiti accepts ND/HND in relevant programmes, not below the upper credit level. EKSU insists on ‘A’ level passes in Economics but does not accept IJMB.
- Benue State University (BSU), Makurdi, Benue State accepts ND/NCE lower credit/merit plus five (5) ‘O’ Level subjects requirements to include Economics at one (1) sitting
- Usmanu Danfodiyo University (UDU), Sokoto, Sokoto State accepts (a) ‘O’ Level credit in Accounts In lieu of Economics (b) ND in relevant programmes not below lower credit (c) NCE (Business Education).
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UNIZIK) Awka, Anambra State accepts Mathematics but not Geography. Requires applicants to possess the SSCE requirements.
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN), Enugu State accepts (a) AIB or other Professional qualifications and HND in relevant programmes and (b) NCE/ND. The university also requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Economics and any other subject.
- Wellspring University Benin City, Edo State accepts ND, NCE, IJMB, NABTEB ‘A’ Level, HND passes at credit/lower credit level in relevant subjects/programmes in addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements.
- Delta State University (DELSU), Abraka, Delta Stat requires a) GCE ‘A’ Level or HSC pass in Management, Economics, and at least one other subject. b) HND or ND with a grade not lower than upper credit. c) Foundation or Intermediate Examination passes of recognized professional bodies such as Chartered Institute Management of Nigeria (CIMN), Chartered Institute Marketing of Nigeria (CIMN).
- Federal University Oye-Ekiti (FUOYE), Ekiti State requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes chosen from Economics, Accounts, Business Management, Government, Geography, or Statistics.
Best Related Posts