Are you seeking direct entry admission into universities offering Geography in Nigeria? You must have the required A’level grades and subjects together with the right O’level subjects and grades. This is what this post is about.
Before we dive into the details:
- Who is a DE applicant? This is a candidate who had completed a program such as BSC, HND, ND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB. NABTEB Advanced and more. He then wants to continue his education in the same or related course within any conventional university.
- DE applicants are expected to obtain JAMB DE form during the time UTME candidates are also registering for theirs. Here, he will choose one or two institutions to chase admission with. However, the first choice is more realistic as most universities are not accepting the second choice candidates any longer.
- DE applicants must, as well, register for the university of choice Post-DE. This may later call for entrance exams such as UNILORIN or just online or physical screening such as OAU.
- The list of schools in this post is extracted from the JAMB official brochure. Hence, be rest assured that everything here is official.
- The post contains acronyms for these universities. In case you don’t understand the full meaning of certain acronyms, come back here and click to see the full list of the universities offering the Geography, their full names, and addresses.
- Where a university states that “candidates must UME entry requirements”, it means “meet O’level requirements” as stated below.
JAMB Direct Entry Requirements For Geography
- Two (2)’A’ Level passes in Geography and any one of Economics., Government, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in English Language, Geography, and any three (3) from Arts or Social Science subjects with at least a pass in Mathematics.
Individual University A’level Requirements Geography Direct Entry Admissions
- BSU requires O’Level credit pass in Mathematics.
- BAYERO does not accept ‘A’ Level passes below D and NCE below C and requires Geography plus any two (2) Social Science subjects.
- ILORIN and BAYERO accept ‘A’ Level passes or NCE in Geography and any other Science or Social Science subject
- MAIDUGURI accepts ND/HND in relevant programmes.
- UDU accepts NCE merit level in Geography and ND lower credit level in Town Planning, Surveying, Environmental Management, or Tropical Science plus four (4)’O’ Level credits passes including English Language and ‘O’ Level pass in Mathematics.
- PHC accepts two (2) Advanced level passes in GCE or HSC or JUPEB or IJMB, one (1) of which must be Geography in addition to UTME Entry requirements.
- MAUTY does not accept Economics
- IBADAN requires two (2)’A’ Level passes in Geography and any one of Economics, Government or History.
- KWASU accepts IJMB and two (2)’A’ Level passes in relevant subjects.
- UNIOSUN accepts ND in Surveying, Geology, Civil Engineering or Urban and Regional Planning, and with NCE credit in Geography combination.
- UNN accepts a. Two (2)’A’ Level passes in Geography and any one of Economics, History, Agricultural Science, Geology, Literature in English, Biology, Chemistry or Physics. b. NCE merit level in Geography and ND merit in Town Planning, Surveying, Environmental Management or Tropical Science plus the UTME requirements.
- TSUJ in addition to UTME requirements requires a. Three (3) ‘A’ Level passes which must include Geography. b. Accepts NCE merit and ND/HND credit in relevant programmes such as Land Surveying, Cartography, Estate Management, Town Planning, Architecture and Environmental Science.
- NDU accepts a. ‘A’ Level passes in Geography and any one of the Social Sciences, Arts or Science subjects. b. NCE credit in Geography and one teaching subject in the Social Sciences, Arts or Science. c. ND upper credit level in Urban/Regional Planning or Environmental Science.
- LAGOS accepts Very good passes in three JUPEB/A’ Level subjects: Geography and any two of Economics, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, Mathematics, and Government.
- ABUJA accepts two (2)’A’ Level passes in Geography and any other Science subject, Economics or Government. ND upper credit in Surveying, Town planning, or Environmental management.
- FED-DUTSINMA accepts Two ‘A’ level passes in Geography and one of Economics, Government, History, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. OND/NCE with good grades in any relevant area.
- OAU accepts a. ‘A’ Level in Geography and any two (2) Science or Humanities subjects b. ND/HND upper credit in Surveying and Geo-informatics, Land Surveying, Urban and Regional Planning, Statistics, Mathematics or Tourism
- FED-GASHUA requires two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Geography and any one of Economics, Government, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics.
- IAUED accepts A ‘Level or holders of ND/OND & NCE will be admitted into year two(2). The A ‘Level/ND/OND/NCE/ must be in Geography or Urban & Regional Planning, Estate Mgt. Architecture, Envt’l Mgt. Survey, Geology.
- RSUST accepts; Admissions into Year III; Degree relevant to the Programme.HND (Upper Credit) relevant to the Programme.Admissions into Year II; HND (Lower Credit) relevant to the Programme.OND/ND (Upper Credit) in relevant discipline. Degree (Third Class) relevant to the program. In addition, all such candidates above must also satisfy the UME entry requirements.
- SOSU accepts NCE/Diploma in Geography with at least Lower Credit or Diploma in Geography, Environmental Management and Planning, Survey or any other related field of study with at least Lower Credit pass.
- FED-LOKOJA requires; a) For IJMB, two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Geography and any one of History/Government, Economics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics, Geology or Mathematics. b) For NCE, the Minimum of a credit pass in Geography. c) For OND, Minimum of Upper Credit in Cartography, Land Surveying, and GIS/Geo-informatics. d) For HND, minimum of Upper Credit in Cartography, Land Surveying, and GIS/Geo-informatics. e) For Bachelor’s Degree, minimum of third class from Economics, Geology, Land Surveying, Cartography, GIS/Geo-informatics.
Best Related Posts