|Delta State University Official Logo|
DELTA STATE UNIVERSITY, ABRAKA P.M.B. 1, ABRAKA
ADMISSION INTO A TWO OR THREE YEAR PROGRAMME FOR HND, ND, AND NCE HOLDERS FOR THE 2020/2021 ACADEMIC SESSION
Applications are invited from holders of Higher National Diploma Certificates into Two or three years Intensive Degree Programmes into the following degrees. Please note that each programmes HND/BSC holders for a two-year intensive degree course while ND and NCE applicants are admitted for three years.
1. B.Sc. Accountancy
- Candidates must possess five (5) credits at WASC/SSCE/NECO/NABTEB at not more than two sittings, which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any other two Social Science subjects.
- GCE A’level in Accounts or Economics and at least one other Social Science with a minimum of 9 points.
- HND with at least Upper Credit from approved Polytechnics or College of Technology.
- ND from approved Polytechnics or Colleges of Technology with a grade not lower than Upper credit.
- Foundation/Intermediate certificate in relevant Professional Bodies such as ICAN, ACCA, and ANAN.
2. B.Sc. Marketing
- Candidate must possess five (5) O’level credit passes at not more than two sittings which must include, English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and two Social Science.
- A level passes in Management, Economics and at least one other subject with a minimum of 6 points.
- HND or ND with a grade not lower than Upper Credit (ND) and lower credit (HND).
- Foundation/Intermediate Examinations passes of recognized professional bodies such as Chartered Institute Management or Chartered Institute Management of Marketing CIMN.
3. B.Sc. Banking and Finance
- Candidates must possess five (5) O’level credits which must include English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any other two Social Science subjects.
- GCE A’ level in Accounts or Economics and at least one other Social Science subjects with a minimum of 6 points.
- HND with Upper credit obtained from recognized Polytechnics or Colleges of Technology.
- OND from recognized Polytechnic or Colleges of Technology with a grade not lower than Upper credit.
- Foundation/Intermediate certificate in relevant Professional bodies such as ICAN, ACCA, and ANAN.
4. B.Sc. Business Administration
- Candidate must possess five (5) credit at SSCE to include English Language, Mathematics, Economics/Commerce, One Social Science subject and any other subject in Arts, Science and Social Science.
- HND with a grade of Lower credit in Business Studies or Business Management.
- III. NYSC/Exemption certificate.
- ND with a minimum of Upper Credit in a relevant discipline.
5. B.Sc. Mass Communication
- Five (5) O’level credit passes which must include English Language, Literature in English, Mathematics, and two other subjects from Arts or Social Science.
- Two A’level passes in Arts and Social Science one of which must be Literature in English with a minimum of eleven (11) points.
- At least upper credit in OND in Communication Studies and related fields.
- At least a Merit pass in DELSU Diploma in Mass Communication.
6. B. Engineering (into the following options: Civil engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electrical & Electronic Engineering
- Five (5) O’level credits which should include English Language, Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry, and any other subject.
- ND at least Upper Credit in the Engineering programme of choice. This is for post ND applicants.
- HND at Lower credit in the programme of choice. This is for post HND
- Holders of HND at a Lower credit from closely related department/Programmes may be admitted if the applicant has a minimum of ten (10) post HND graduation work experience from related industries.
- Candidates for the post HND must in addition have the NYSC/Exemption certificates.
7. B.Sc. Computer Science
- Five O/L credit passes at not more than two sittings which must include English Language, Mathematics, Physics, and any two of Biology, Chemistry, Economics, Geography.
- At least two GCE ‘A’ Level passes which must include Mathematics and Physics with a minimum of 6 points
- A National Diploma with a minimum of upper credit or Higher National Diploma with a minimum of lower credit or a with minimum credit in any of the following; Data Processing, Computer Engineering, Information System/Information Technology, Engineering Technology,, Mathematics Education/Physics Education/Computer Science Education.
- First degree of Delta State University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Delta State University.
- Credit passes in at least two subjects at the National Certificate of Education (NCE), which must include Computer Science and Mathematics or Physics.
- DELSU Diploma in Computer Science Education with a merit pass.
DELSU Top Up Degree Admission Requirements and Eligibility
Candidates seeking admission into the Two years Intensive Programmes must possess a minimum of five (5) credit passes in at least five (5) subjects at “O” Level, including English Language and Mathematics at not more than 2 sittings in GCE, SSCE (WAEC, NECO, NABTEB).
DELSU Top Up Degree Methods of Application and Payment
Candidates are required to visit https://portal.delsu.edu.ng/ to generate a virtual PIN with N20,000 (twenty thousand naira only). Evidence of payment (Bank tellers) for Centre Screening (the cost covers honoraria for centre facilitation, logistics for producing screening materials and security). Payment should be made to any of the following banks.
- Unity Bank
- Zenith Bank
- Fidelity Bank
Ensure that names are correctly entered. Errors will not be entertained.
Procedure to Generate Virtual PIN
- Visit https://portal.delsu.edu.ng/
- Click on “Apply for Admission“
- On the next page, click on “Start“
- And on the next page, select the “Intensive Degree” Options
- Click “Apply” to begin the registration
- Visit any of the specified banks for payment.
- The application form must be correctly filled with all information required before submitting online and thereafter print evidence of the completed application.
- All candidates are required to use valid e-mail addresses and telephone numbers. Fill your Bio-Data correctly as no complaint about wrong bio-data will be entertained after submission.
- Candidates who upload wrong bio-data will be disqualified and forfeit their application fee.
- Only coloured printouts will be accepted.
- Print at least 4 copies of the Delta State University online registration form with a complete passport size photograph printed in colour.
- Candidates are to follow the application instruction very carefully and ensure they select the appropriate course relevant to their course of study.
Best Related Posts
- Delta State School of Marine Technology Admissions: ND and HND forms and Procedures to Apply
- Bsc, HND, OND, NCE Admissions: What are the Differences Among all Awards
- Can I Get Work Without NYSC Certificate? Where You Can or Can’t Work Without Serving
- NYSC Relocation/Redeployment: Process, Approval and Cancellation
- OOU Postgraduate (PGS) Form is Out: Procedures, Price and Closing Date