PROCEDURES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS TO APPLY FOR DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting our vision and goals. The scholarship program awards scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries, and have been offered admission to Covenant University or Landmark University, Nigeria.
The DOF scholars program grants individuals the opportunity to acquire a first degree at the prestigious Covenant University and Landmark University in Nigeria. It grants individuals the opportunity to build up the leadership potentials that are so evidently lacking in the leaders of our society, through the yearly programs and community development initiatives integrated into the 5-year duration of the scholarship. The scholarship program covers the full academic fees for the 5-year duration of the study and in some categories, travels and living expenses for the duration of the course of study.
Each awarded candidate becomes a David Oyedepo Foundation Scholar (DOF Scholar) and is expected to meet up with the requirements in order to remain a DOF Scholar.
DOF Undergraduate One World Scholarship Program
The DOF scholarship undergraduate program is for academically excellent students who want to receive the first degree from either Covenant University or Landmark University. Scholars must be African, be a permanent resident of an African country and meet the requirements for admission to any of the universities before applying for the scholarship.
DOF Financial Aid Programme
The financial aid program is for students in their final 2 years of academic studies who are going through emergency financial situations that render them unable to complete their Bachelors degrees at Covenant or Landmark University. This category offers a maximum of 70% financial aid for a one-year duration, however, the amount awarded varies on a case-to-case basis at the discretion of the scholarship committee.
DOF Postgraduate Leadership Scholarship Program
The DOF Leadership Scholars program is for individuals who have completed their undergraduate program with a first class degree and intend to pursue a Masters degree in specified fields of study. Applicants must have demonstrated high academic achievement and exemplary leadership traits during their undergraduate years in order to qualify for the scholarship. In order to apply for the scholarship, applicants must have been offered admission to Covenant University to complete a Masters degree. The scholarship award covers full academic fees only.
Eligibility and Requirements
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
- At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
- 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
- Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, the award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
Selection Process and Criteria
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit-based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, the chosen finalists will be interviewed by David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicants must provide;
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence the home community with skills learned
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet-based application system. You will need to access a computer and the internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload the required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one session. You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however, you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated into English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays, must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.
General/Contact Information Section
- Provide general information in specified formats within the application form
- You will be required to provide documentation verifying age, and country of citizenship for eligibility if you are selected at the interview stage
- Information filled in Parent/Guardian section should be for BIOLOGICAL parents or LEGAL guardians
- The contact information you provide will be used to reach you during the application and selection process. Please provide accurate addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses that you use and check on a regular basis.
- Insert Primary School Name, Certificate obtained e.g. (primary school leaving certificate etc.), duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete education at the school indicated. Add New for multiple schools attended at the primary/basic level
- Insert Secondary/High School Name, Certificate obtained e.g. (junior/senior school leaving certificate, High school diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated. Add New for multiple schools attended at the secondary level until graduation.
- Insert Post-Secondary Institution Name (e.g. A’level, Technical College, University), Certificate obtained e.g. (A’levels, BSc, Diploma etc.), Duration (mm/yy – mm/yy format), and the year of graduation. Indicate nil if you did not complete your education at the school indicated.
- Insert proposed the University of Study and proposed a course of study. Remember that the David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program is specific at this time to only Covenant and Landmark University. It is also course-specific; hence you would have the option of only choosing from the available options.
- For the exam results section, the name of the Nationally Recognized O’level exams should be inserted including the date the exam was taken. (This exam varies for different countries).
- All subjects taken should be captures in the exam results section along with corresponding grades
- Combination of two different certificate exams is not permitted
- JAMB result is specific to ONLY Nigerian Applicants. All Nigerian applicants must insert JAMB result for application to be considered
- Insert personal information and contact details for an Academic referee (i.e. academic staff who is aware of your academic progress and other school-related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the upload credentials’ section of the application.
- Insert personal information and contact details for a Religious Referee (i.e. a cleric who is aware of your spiritual progress and other personal and character related affairs). Note: A letter of recommendation from this individual need to be uploaded in the uploads section of the application.
- Note that parents or guardians CANNOT be listed as referees.
- This section includes 5 essay questions that must be completed. Each essay has a word limit of 500 words and must under no circumstances be exceeded. Your responses would give an opportunity to the selection committee to better understand you as a leader, including your desire to participate in the program.
English language proficiency is required for participation in the Scholarship program. All activities and communication would be done in English without the opportunity for translation. Please fill in the portion of the application evaluating your language skills as accurately as possible.
Ready to apply? Visit the DOF Scholarship application portal
Best Related Posts
- NBC Internships for Undergraduates and Postgraduates: Naija Coke Summership 2018
- Maltina Teacher of the Year Competition: Procedures of Application, Closing Date and Terms