Step by Step Guide to Checking your WAEC (WASSCE) Result Online
First, try to get a result checker at the nearest WAEC office or dealer. You can as well visit the nearest internet cafe for the WAEC checking card. Candidates given WAEC plastic ID cards can check the PIN and Serial number on the card. If not given, get back to your school exams teacher, principal, or proprietor. Your card is with him. You’ve paid for that as part of your WAEC fee.
- Visit https://www.waecdirect.org
- Enter your 10-digit WAEC Examination Number.
- (This is your 7-Digit center number followed by your 3-digit candidate number eg. 4123456789)
- Enter the 4 digits of your Examination Year eg. 2020
- Select the Type of Examination
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card
- Click Submit and wait for the results window to come up
Method 2 to check WAEC Results – through SMS
Checking Result on Mobile Phone
Alternatively, or where you don’t have access to the internet, you can check your result following the steps below.
Send SMS in the format WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear to short-code 32327 (MTN, Celtel & Glo subscribers).
For example -:
- Ensure you adhere strictly to the format above. There should be no space in the message.
- Wait for your result to be delivered to your phone via SMS. (SMS Cost N30 Only)
Contact WAEC for help on checking results through Tel: 01-9049320
Before then, check if WAEC has addressed your issues in their FAQs section.
We have also provided answers to several questions you may have in the post, “WAEC: 13 Answers to Students’ Questions on West African Examination Council” Check it.