When it comes to direct entry admissions, it’s possible to limit the acceptable qualifications to IJMB, JUPEB, NCE, or ND. However, direct-entry admissions are more likely to favor BSC and HND holders. After all, holders of BSC are already done with their first degree, so also are their counterparts from polytechnics who already possessed the Higher National Diploma (HND).
In this post, I’ll be answering the questions of the BSC/HND holders who wish to obtain the JAMB Direct Entry forms in order to change course to Pharmacy.
Of course, Pharmacy is a pure Science course. This is why it’s called the Doctor of Pharmacy by a few universities (UNIBEN, UNILORIN). Hence, its direct entry admission requirements must align with this. This is the first point to note.
Universities Accepting BSC/HND for Pharmacy DE Admission
According to the JAMB brochure, below is the extract of the universities accepting Direct Entry applicants with BSC and HND and the courses they accept.
1. Niger Delta University (NDU)
The university accepts a first degree in Chemistry or any of the Biological Sciences.
2. University of Nigeria Nzuka (UNN)
- Bachelor’s degree in any of Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology, or Medical Sciences with a minimum of second class lower division
- HND upper credit in Biological Sciences, Health Science and Technology, or Medical Sciences
3. Delta State University (DELSU)
The university requires a First degree in relevant Biological Sciences with not less than a second class Upper Division may be considered.
4. Kaduna State University (KASU)
KASU accepts First Degree in relevant Biological or Physical Sciences discipline.
5. University of Benin (UNIBEN)
The university accepts B.Sc. second class in related programmes.
6. Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU)
The university accepts B.Sc. with a minimum of 2nd Class Honours in any relevant programme (Sciences).
7. University of Port Hacurt (UNIPORT)
PHC accepts B.Sc, not lower than Second Class Lower in Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Physics, Pharmacology including UTME entry requirements.
Will I Be Offered 200 or 300 Level Admissions?
Generally, applicants for Direct entry admissions hope to be offered spaces into the 200 level of their proposed courses. However, many HND/BSC aspirants will be rightly greedy to be offer admission into the 300 level of the proposed course. And in fact, some universities do honor this. BSC and HND holders can be offered admission into 300 level instead.
In the case of Pharmacy, no universities are offering 300 level admissions for direct entry applicants. Hence, aspirants should be expecting 200 level admission. In case you insist on 300 level consideration, kindly visit the admission office of the proposed university for such possibility and terms.
Best Related Posts
- Can I Study Medicine After BSC Biochemistry, Microbiology, etc (Through DE)
- Universities That Accept HND/Bsc into 300 Level Direct Entry (DE)
- 11+ Universities/Courses Accept NCE for 300 Level DE Admissions
- Universities that Accept Direct Entry Applications
- Universities Accepting Awaiting Results for Direct Entry (DE)