This post is necessary after receiving calls and messages from a few candidates who want to know if it’s possible to change their courses after the Post UTMEs or screenings. In other words, some candidates wanted to know if they could change their courses if they had already done the post-UTMEs/screenings of some schools.
If you’d read a few of my posts including those linked in this post, you must have seen that I’d briefly answered this question.
Yet, I will not deprive you of the opportunity to get this to details here too.
Let’s get into it.
Can You Change Course After the Post UTME or Screening?
Second, let’s cover some basics before you proceed.
- Changing of course, can now be done as THREE times as provided you’re ready to pay for that. Only in a few rare situations, you can be allowed to change more than three times. You can get the whole picture in my post, “How to Do Change Institutions/Courses the Third or More Times”.
- There is an END date or time to change institutions but no deadline for the JAMB change of courses. Some institutions will instruct JAMB to stop accepting changes to them as soon as they start their post UTME registrations or the exercise is over. It’s not applicable to all the schools though. Some will still be accepting changes to them until the admission year ends. You can get this better in the post, “Universities and Others Accepting Change of Institutions and Those Who Are Not”.
- Changing of course never ends irrespective of schools. All institutions will continuously be allowing changing of courses even after the Post UTME and admissions given. Hence, it’s possible for candidates to change their courses before, during, and after post UTME/screenings.
Will I Be Offered the New Course If I Change the Course After Post UTME?
Even though what we’re used to is to change course before post UTME, yet you’re also allowed to do that after.
If you’re in doubt that the university may not give you admission into the new course if you change after the post UTME, be rest assure that you will be if you merit the admission.
Schools will continually be receiving updated lists of candidates and courses changed to, from JAMB. The management is compelled to update the same lists in their databases. Hence, you will be listed for the new course, not the old one as soon as a school updates her database.
I have seen this with a few universities, including LAUTECH, EKSU, ABU, UI, OAU, UNIOSUN, and more. Hence, no need to doubt.
Schools expect candidates to take advantage of the change of course if they fail to meet up with the expected cut-off marks of the earlier courses.
WARNING: You may not need to waste time if you still want to change the course after the Post UTME. The earlier the better! This is because this trick may not work again as soon as the university starts compiling the list of admitted candidates for the year.
More Proof that You Can Change Course After Post UTME
This even comes after lists are already out. Why won’t it work for candidates who make the changes before the lists are out?
Best Related Posts
- Will I Be Offered Admission if I Change Institutions? See Answer
- What to Do If Offered Admission For a Different Course in JAMB CAPS (Latest Updates)
- Is it Advisable to Accept Another Course than the One I Applied for?
- Less Competitive University Courses With Better Employment Prospects
- After The Changing Of Institutions and Courses, What Next?