If you have been following me, I had earlier said it should be possible to change your old result entered on CAPS to new ones if you wanted. After all, it should just be a matter of visiting the nearest CBT centre as instructed by JAMB. Then, tell them you want to change your result.
JAMB Allows Uploading of O’level Results Once, Yet Update is Possible
If you had earlier uploaded one result, and later, your WAEC, NECO or NABTEB result grades were better, then, you think of replacing that on JAMB portal, you may be lucky to do so.
Several students who had visited CBT centres to plead for replacement of their old results with new ones were not turned down. The CBT centres replaced it.
Editing of O’level Results After Being Submitted Also Possible
The story is as simple as, once you’ve done the uploading first time, you will still be allowed to edit things thereon but only by an accredited CBT centre.
In this case, candidates shouldn’t be worried. This shouldn’t affect your admission process.
Replacing or Editing of O’level or A’level Results on School Portals is Possible
But on conditions:
- If the school’s post UTME form is not yet closed. For some institutions, their post UTME application portals will still allow changes even after the submission, once the form has not closed. For example, Ekiti State University, Adekunle Ajasin University, University of Ilorin, Federal Polytechnic Ede, Federal Polytechnic Ado, etc. But once their application closes, you can’t edit anything again.
- If the school doesn’t close the application after the submission. Even after post UTME registration has closed, some institutions will still allow candidates to enter their portals and change certain details (if need be). For example, Osun State University Federal Polytechnic Ede, etc
- If the school allows the saving of data before the final submission. Some schools, once you submit, they won’t allow you to edit anything again, even if their forms are still on sales. This is why this set of schools will give you the option to save your details and submit later. If you’d just saved before now, you can return to the portal and edit O’level results or any other details before you submit finally.
Only 5 Subjects and Grades Appeared On My CAPS
If the five subjects are the relevant subjects to your proposed courses, then, nothing to worry about. JAMB and schools only need usually 5 to 6 relevant subjects to offer you admission. If the subjects entered are not for your proposed course, go back for editing or replacing.
Best Related Posts
- WAEC, NECO and NABTEB Compulsory Subjects for Secondary Students
- Re-Upload O’level Results to School Portals Compulsory? See Answer
- Can I Upload O’level Results to JAMB Portal After Post UTME? See Answer
- Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges Accepting Two Sittings For Admission
- List of Universities, Polytechnics or Colleges Accepting Awaiting Results