Can I Change My O’level Results on JAMB or School Portal?

Editing of O'level Results After Being Submitted
JAMB logo
Another complex admission issue to address is if it’s possible to change O’level or A’level results on the JAMB portal or an institution’s website? Are you intending to change your results to another after already completed JAMB registration or post UTME or just because WAEC, NECO or NABTEB has just given you better grades?

If you have been following me, I had earlier said it should be possible to change your old result entered on CAPS to new ones if you wanted. After all, it should just be a matter of visiting the nearest CBT centre as instructed by JAMB. Then, tell them you want to change your result.

JAMB Allows Uploading of O’level Results Once, Yet Update is Possible

During the JAMB UTME/DE registration, you’re to enter your O’level/A’level results, and if you haven’t got one, use awaiting results. Then, after the release of your result, you’re to return to any accredited CBT centre to upload. I detailed how to do that in my post, “How to Upload Results to JAMB Portal: O’level (SSCE), ND and NCE“.

If you had earlier uploaded one result, and later, your WAEC, NECO or NABTEB result grades were better, then, you think of replacing that on JAMB portal, you may be lucky to do so.

Several students who had visited CBT centres to plead for replacement of their old results with new ones were not turned down. The CBT centres replaced it. 

Meanwhile, not only those who used awaiting results would be allowed to alter things. Those who want to change results from WAEC to NECO or NECO to NABTEB etc will be allowed too. Those who used two sittings before but now to replace that with one sitting can do the same.

READ MORE  Any Differences Between JAMB and School Admission?

Editing of O’level Results After Being Submitted Also Possible

A few students have equally asked if they can edit the grades entered for them during the UTME registration or returned to upload awaiting results. Perhaps there were errors in the grades entered for some subjects. Mistakes might have crawled in when the CBT centre attendant or the candidates themselves, were filling the forms. Editing your wrongly entered grades on CAPS is possible.

The story is as simple as, once you’ve done the uploading first time, you will still be allowed to edit things thereon but only by an accredited CBT centre.

In this case, candidates shouldn’t be worried. This shouldn’t affect your admission process. 

Especially if the grades entered is lower than the actual grade. For example, if instead of C4, the grade entered was C6. This may not show that you’re trying to cheat the system. It’s a glaring mistake. But if they entered F9 instead of C5, that may pose a serious threat to your admission, if such subject is required for your course. Hence, go and edit it as soon as possible.
And since a copy of your result will still be scanned and uploaded to the portal. Things should be made to tally.

Replacing or Editing of O’level or A’level Results on School Portals is Possible

For those who had earlier filled certain SSCE, results on the school portals during post UTME but are now blessed with better results in their WAEC, NECO, GCE or NABTEB, you can still upload that to the school portal replacing the earlier one. You can as well be able to edit if errors happened in the grades entered during the Post UTME registration.

But on conditions:
  1. If the school’s post UTME form is not yet closed. For some institutions, their post UTME application portals will still allow changes even after the submission, once the form has not closed. For example, Ekiti State University, Adekunle Ajasin University, University of Ilorin, Federal Polytechnic Ede, Federal Polytechnic Ado, etc. But once their application closes, you can’t edit anything again.
  2. If the school doesn’t close the application after the submission. Even after post UTME registration has closed, some institutions will still allow candidates to enter their portals and change certain details (if need be). For example, Osun State University Federal Polytechnic Ede, etc
  3. If the school allows the saving of data before the final submission. Some schools, once you submit, they won’t allow you to edit anything again, even if their forms are still on sales. This is why this set of schools will give you the option to save your details and submit later. If you’d just saved before now, you can return to the portal and edit O’level results or any other details before you submit finally.
Aside from all the conditions mentioned here, you may not be able to replace or edit the O’level results on your school portal. Perhaps, a visit to the school ICT and pleading for replacement can still work. It’s hard to say – do it, it’s worth trying.

Only 5 Subjects and Grades Appeared On My CAPS

Similarly, candidates have been calling me to know their position if a CBT centre just entered 5 or 6 subjects and grades for them on CAPS. Is this something to worry about?
The answer is YES and NO!

READ MORE  How to Correct Mistakes on National ID Cards

If the five subjects are the relevant subjects to your proposed courses, then, nothing to worry about. JAMB and schools only need usually 5 to 6 relevant subjects to offer you admission. If the subjects entered are not for your proposed course, go back for editing or replacing.

Best Related Posts

  1. WAEC, NECO and NABTEB Compulsory Subjects for Secondary Students
  2. Re-Upload O’level Results to School Portals Compulsory? See Answer
  3. Can I Upload O’level Results to JAMB Portal After Post UTME? See Answer
  4. Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges Accepting Two Sittings For Admission
  5. List of Universities, Polytechnics or Colleges Accepting Awaiting Results