Are you seeking admission for Banking and Finance through Direct Entry (DE)? This post is all about the list of universities offering Banking and Finance and their A’level and SSCE requirements.
- Qualifications such as BSC, HND, ND, NCE, IJMB, JUPEB, etc will be required.
- For such a qualification, candidates must provide acceptable grades or points
- And as a general requirement, candidates must possess at least 5 credit passes in his or her O’level results
- These subjects must include English, Mathematics, and Economics plus any two of the social or art courses.
- General Direct entry requirements as required by JAMB
- Individual University’s Requirements for DE Banking and Finance
- This post contains acronyms for all the universities. If you don’t know what each alias means, kindly come back here and click this link to check the full name of the university and its address
- All the universities and requirements in this post are accruing to the updated JAMB brochure. Hence, anything if official.
JAMB General Admission Requirements For Direct Entry Applicants
- Two (2)’A’ Level passes in Accounting or Economics and one other subject. Here, A’level including IJMB, JUPEB, etc
- NCE merit in relevant subjects.
- ND credit.
- Foundation International exam such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, GPFA.
Individual University’s Requirements for DE Banking and Finance
- GOUU, AJAYI, and NILE – As in Accounting.
- CUAB accepts a. Two (2)’A’ Level passes to include Mathematics and either Economics or Accounts. b. IJMB at acceptable grades. c. NCE credit, ND, HND lower credit, and approved equivalent may be admitted to the appropriate level.
- LASU requires two (2)’A’ Level passes chosen from Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Mathematics, and Statistics. LASU accepts A’ Level pass in Government. ND/HND not admissible for Direct Entry.
- BIU requires in addition to the ‘O’ Level requirements specified, a minimum of two (2) relevant subjects passed at ‘A’ Level or NCE three (3) merits or ND credit in the relevant programme.
- OOU accepts part I Chartered Institute of Bankers.
- UNIOSUN accepts ‘A’ Level passes in Economics and any one of Geography, Government and Accounting. ND lower credit in relevant programmes. Candidates with ICAN, ACCA (London), CIMA (UK), CIBN, CITN and other members of IFAC may be considered.
- CALABAR accepts ND in Banking and Finance.
- BENIN – in addition to the UTME requirements, requires two (2)’A’ Level passes including Economics; ND upper credit in Accounting, Business Studies or Financial Studies; HND lower credit in Accounting, Financial Studies, Business Studies or Banking and Finance; NCE merit with ‘O’ Level credit pass in Economics or Business Studies; Associate Institute of Bankers (Part 1). Accepts HND lower credit or merit in the relevant Programmes.
- WESTERN-DEL accepts i. Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes including Economics and one other subject. ii. NCE merit in relevant subjects. iii. ND lower credit in Accounting, Banking and Finance, Business Administration. Intermediate passes in ICAN, ACCA, ICMA and CIBN examinations.
- CALEB accepts ND credit in Accounting, Banking, Financial Studies, or ATS, ICAN may be considered for admission by Direct Entry provided they have the UTME requirements at one sitting.
- BAYERO does not accept Chemistry, Physics, Agricultural Science, and History.
- UNIJOS accepts ND lower credit in Business Administration, Accounting, Purchasing and Supply, Marketing and other related programmes.
- NDU requires five (5)’O’ Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Economics, and any two (2) other subjects at not more than two (2) sittings.
- SOUTHWESTERN accepts a.NCE merit in relevant subjects. b.ND in Management, Marketing, Accounting and Banking/Finance with a minimum of ‘B’ overall average. c. Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Accounting or Economics and any one other subject. d. IJMB/NCE/ND/Banking Certificate/ CIBN course or approved equivalent.
- UNIABUJA accepts two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Economics and any of Social Science and Management or ND upper credit in relevant programmes in addition to the UTME requirements.
- UNIKINGS requires a) two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Accounting or Economics and one other subject. b) NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects. c) ND at credit level. d) Foundation International exam such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, GPFA
- ODUDUWA accepts NCE merit, ND credit or Foundation International examinations such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, GPFA.
- CHRISTOPHER requires two (2)’A’ Level passes chosen from Economics, Accounting, Business Management, Government, Statistics and Geography. Accepts HND, ND or NCE credits in relevant subjects.
- EUI accepts; a) Two (2) ‘A’ Level passes in Accounting or Economics and one other subject. b) NCE with passes at merit level in relevant subjects. c) ND/HND at credit level in a related discipline. d) Very good passes in JUPEB/IJMB subjects. (xx) MOUNTAIN TOP in addition to ‘O’ Level requirements requires candidates to a) Possess three (3) ‘A’ Level passes in the relevant commercial courses acceptable to the University or Foundation/JUPEB obtained from Mountain Top University or other recognized Universities. b) Possess OND Lower Credit in relevant courses including Finance, Insurance, Banking and other Financial Studies courses. c) Possess the National Certificate of Education, Merit in relevant courses including Finance, Banking and other Financial Studies courses. d) Possess Final level pass of ICAN-ATS and Foundation pass of recognized professional bodies such as ICAN, ACCA (London), CIMA (UK), CIBN, CITN, CIS and others who are members of International Federation of Accountants (IFAC).
- ABU accepts Two ‘A’ Level / IJMB passes in Management/Social Science Subjects one of which must be Economics. A Minimum Merit in ABU Diploma in Insurance, Management, Banking or Accounting.
- BELLS accepts Two (2) A level passes in Accounting or Economics and one (1) other subject.NCE merit in relevant subjects.ND credit.Foundation International exam such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, GPFA.
- KASU accepts Two ‘A’ level passes chosen from Business Administration, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, and Mathematics.HND/ND Lower Credit and NCE merit in related Discipline.
- LANDMARK accepts Two (2) A level passes in Accounting or Economics and one (1) other subject. NCE merit in relevant subjects.ND credit.Foundation International exam such as ICAN, ACCA, ICMA, GPFA.
Best Related Posts
- Universities that Accept Direct Entry Applications
- Can I Obtain a University Post UTME/DE Form Without UTME/DE? See Answer
- Universities Offering Public Administration – UTME Subjects/DE Grade and SSCE (O’level) Requirement
- Universities Offering Accounting – UTME Subjects/DE Grade and SSCE (O’level) Requirement
- Universities Offering Economics – UTME Subjects/DE and SSCE Requirements