We all should know by now that, once you do the change of institutions/courses, there are activities to expect after that. Below is the true picture of the activities that follow the change of institutions and courses.
- You do the change of institutions on the JAMB portal
- JAMB forwards your details to the new school(s)
- The new school(s) update(s) your names and details to the school post UTME or admission portals to enable you to register for the Post UTMEs or screenings.
- Then, you register for post-UTMEs or screenings.
I detailed more of this in my post, After changing of Institution, What Next?
But the question is, after JAMB might have sent your information to the school, how will you confirm if your details have got there or if it has been updated on the school portal or better put, how will you know if it has reflected?
Not All Schools Need Changes to Reflect Before You Can Register their Post UTMEs
I detailed those who allow this and those who don’t in my post, “Can I register for Post UTME the Same Day I do Change of Institutions?”
Therefore, if you happen to change to the schools in this category of institutions, don’t wait for any reflections before you do your post UTME or screening registration. The portal will be designed to allow you to apply without waiting for any reflection yet. The school will update her database before admission lists are being prepared to include all changes.
Be Sure Your Schools Wait for JAMB Details Before Post UTME Registration
If you belong here, you must continually be checking the schools’ portals to know when your details are active on their databases. After then, you can continue with your registration.
How To Know if Your Names and Details Have Reflected on the School Portal
- Visit the school admission portal. For example, the FUNAAB admission portal is https://admission.unaab.edu.ng/login.php. Getting to that page, you will see a space to enter your JAMB registration. This same applies to all other similar schools.
- Note that your JAMB registration number is the first thing this set of schools will ask you to enter to match your details in their databases.
- If you enter your JAMB registration number and log in or proceed and it enters, then, your data had been sent and updated on the school’s portal/data. If otherwise, it means you have to check back. This may mean your details have not been sent or it might have been sent but not yet updated by the school.
- If your details are not yet sent or not yet updated, for instance, the University of Ibadan portal will complain “Login failed. Incorrect Login Credentials.”, the Federal University of Abeokuta will say, “Sorry 90887176AD is NOT in our JAMB list of qualified candidates who picked FUNAAB as First Choice Institution.”, Ahmadu Bello University will say, “Invalid JAMB no or state of origin”
- In all cases above, while it may mean you wrongly entered your JAMB registration number or candidate’s details, it may also mean your data had not reflected on the school portal. Hence, you won’t be allowed to register your post UTME until it does.
What To Do Next if Details Don’t Reflect yet?
The First Choice Institution/Course Might Have Not Changed on JAMB CAPS Still
Best Related Posts
- 10 Things You Must Know About Predegree Admission to University
- Change of Course Has Not Reflected, Can I Register Post UTME? See Answer
- How JAMB and Each School Will Admit UTME/DE Applicants This Year
- Is It Possible To Be Offered/Given Admission By School You Didn’t Choose In JAMB?
- Is it Advisable to Accept Another Course Than The One I Applied For? See Answer