Hello Mr. Techie
My name is Olukunle Dayo
I’m an aspirant for the University of Abuja.
I have a question that needs an urgent answer before I do a change of institution.
I checked my admission status on JAMB CAPS and JAMB has given me admission there.
The school admission is not yet out.
I want to know if the university will give admission when their list is finally out.
Will my University Give me Admission after JAMB has offered me admission on CAPS?
In brief, you need to understand how admission is being processed these days.
- After you had done a school post UTME or screening (or none; if the school is not conducting one), the school will send the list of candidates they wish to admit to JAMB. JAMB then checks to see that all candidates on the list merit the admission of the school.
- It’s after that, JAMB will update the candidates’ CAPS status to let them know that they had been admitted by those schools.
- The candidate then accepts or rejects the offer.
Now to answer you, congratulations on your admission, you have been admitted on JAMB CAPS, which meant the university has offered you admission too. This answer is contained in my post, “JAMB Gave Me Admission But School Has Not: Why?“
Then, wait for the university to upload the list of the admitted candidates to the school portal too. You must be there!
Congratulations once again!
If you need further clarification, talk to me or drop your question in the comment section below.
Best Related Posts
- How JAMB and Each School Will Admit UTME/DE Applicants
- I Saw 4 Years on JAMB Admission Letter for a 5 Years Course, Why? See the Answer
- Check If Your O’level (SSCE) Result Has Been Truly Uploaded to JAMB Website/Portal
- What Candidates Should Do If Offered Admission For a Different Course in JAMB CAPS
- Given Admission by a School You Didn’t Choose? Read this!