Let’s talk about those candidates that forget the password to their JAMB profile or JAMB efacility login. Some candidates as well, had forgotten their JAMB email password. This post will address how to reset the two passwords – email and JAMB login.
Before then, let’s get somethings clear.
Difference Between JAMB Password and Email Password
This is the first thing to get. Your email has its password so also is your JAMB profile (efacility login). It’s important to note that the profile and email are not the same.
Let me explain better.
When you went to register JAMB UTME, the first account created for you was your email. Some candidates created their email before proceeding to CBT centres in the first place. During the email registration, you created a password that you will be using to log into it. This email can be used for any other purpose in the future not only the JAMB registration you opened it for.
Some candidates already had existing emails for about two years which they used for their JAMB registrations also. Hence, each candidate has one email and its password.
JAMB profile is the second account created for you at the CBT centre when the registration was ongoing. The profile account is active as soon as you completed your registration at the CBT centre. This account also has its own password.
In other words, all of you have email accounts for JAMB and JAMB profile accounts. And each may have a different password or the same.
Meanwhile, most candidates use the same password for both the emails and JAMB profiles. They did this in order not to be mixing things up. However, some still used different passwords for the two accounts. Nothing is wrong with that as well.
I will guide on how to get both passwords back here.
Lost or Forget Your Email?
It’s hard to see candidates that forget their emails (if you do, check your JAMB registration slip). In case you’d lost your JAMB registration slip, you need to access your email. A copy of your slip was sent into your email on the day you registered for JAMB.
Hence, you don’t have to lose access to your email and still misplace your registration slip. If you should lose the two, that may be the dead-end for your admission.
It is however very common to see candidates forgetting their passwords or mixing both up. This guide will be of great help. Read on if you have forgotten either your email password or JAMB profile password.
How to Get Back Your Email Password
Before trying to retrieve/reset your email password:
- Try to use your phone number as the password. Some candidates used their phone numbers. Most especially if you create it at a local café. They were found of using phone numbers as email passwords.
- Try your date of birth in this format: 02/05/1998 but remove the slashes. That is, 02051998. This is another possible password being used by candidates for emails.
If that didn’t work, let’s now reset your password.
How to Get Back Your JAMB Profile Password
- Use option 1 and 2 above: As prescribed under the email password guide, try the option 1 and 2.
- Try 1 to 8 or 1 to 5/6: That is 12345678 or 123456 or 12345. These are commonly used passwords by a majority of CBT centres.
- Try the combination of your surname with 123. For example, if your surname is odunayo, use odunayo123
- Try JAMB2020 or UTME2020. Or lower case jamb2020 or utme2020
- Check your email for JAMB profile creation message. A message was sent to you on the day you registered for UTME. This message contained your JAMB profile password. Search for the message, read and retrieve the password in it.
If that didn’t work, let’s reset your JAMB password.
Here you will need your email and its password. In other words, in order to reset your JAMB profile password, you must be able to log into your email first. Once you are in your email, follow the steps below.
|Password reset interface for JAMB profile|
- Visit the JAMB password retrieve link
- Enter your email as used during the JAMB registration. To be sure of the email used, check your JAMB registration slip.
- Click “Password Reset”.
- After that, a message containing a link will be sent to your email.
- The email will also include a new password that you can use to log in right away e.g candd6f6a4
- You can then change this password after logging in to your profile.
Now, you can log into your JAMB profile with your email and the new password chosen.
If after clicking Get Password Reset Link, you get an error message such as below
|Temporary error in resting JAMB password|
Kindly close the page. Then, check your email inbox or spam to see if they have sent the link. If it’s there, continue. If not, try again later. The error is temporary and can last a couple of days.
Wait a couple of hours or days and try again.
Best Related Posts
JAMB Gives The Easiest Way to Retrieve Lost Profile Password
- UTME/DE: Errors with Subjects Combination, Name, Email, Date of Birth, Gender, Local Govt. and Solutions
- Post UTME: Will it be Exams or Admission Screening?
- How to Upload O’Level (SSCE), ND and NCE Results to JAMB Portal
- FREE Ways to Get Back Lost NABTEB, WAEC or NECO Centre/Exams Number