Below were a few of my findings
- Nigerian birth certificate
- Nigeria birth certificate template
- Nigeria birth certificate pdf
- Attestation of birth certificate
- National Population Commission Birth Certificate Form
- Nigerian Birth Certificate for a green card
- Nigerian birth certificate authentication
- National population commission Lagos
I think I can help if your quarry is one of the above or a similar one.
People who need Birth Certificates or Age Declaration Certificates for admission screening, interview, and job/recruitment screening will find this post helpful.
1. Recongnised Maternity Centres and Hospitals
Under normal circumstances, if you’re truly delivered in the hospital, they ought to have issued the certificate to your parents on your day of birth or a few days after.
If however your parents didn’t have a copy, but they’re sure you’re delivered at the hospital, they can revisit the hospital to claim it right now. In fact, you can do that yourself if your parents are not available.
Hospitals will have records of their deliveries. They should be able to trace yours and issue your birth certificate.
2. Offices of the National Population Commission (NPC)
Their certificates are, in fact, more recognized than the ones from any other sources in Nigeria.
|Sample of Birth Certificate by NPC|
To get yours, kindly visit the National Population Commission office at your local government (usually situated within a local government secretariat). They’ll file your details and issue you the certificate.
However, the commission may not issue the certificate if your present age is older than the allowed range. For example, some offices may limit the certificates to children from 1990 to date.
3. Registered Religion Societies
4. High, Megstarte and Customary Courts
|Court Affidavit of Age|
Generally all courts – high, magistrate, and customary can issue you an affidavit of age. However, more recognition is given to the one issued by a high court.
And luckily, you can collect this at any bank across the country – not necessarily the court in your town of birth or local community.
Another point to know is that there is no limit to the number of times you can collect a birth certificate from a hospital, religious body, NPC or court if you ever misplaced or lost one.
However, you may be subjected to collecting an age declaration certificate instead if your hospital, church, or NPC has the policy of issuing one per head. Court continually issue a new one if you must get another.
Best Related Posts
- How to Get a State Citizenship or Local Government Identification For Screening and Interview
- Is it Possible to Collect WAEC Certificate by Proxy/Another Person?
- How to Get Your Certificate From a University, Polytechnic or College
- Can A School Take Back Your Diploma After Giving It To You? See Answer
- How to Get Back Lost Centre/Exams Number NABTEB, WAEC or NECO