|Image Credit @mastergolflivestream.com|
When admission seekers hear of Nutrition and Dietetics for the first time, what comes to mind is what is the future or job prospects for such a course? I don’t blame them. What they’re used to is Science Laboratory Technology (SLT). Even if they don’t know the future prospects for the latter, they seem more confident to choose it during JAMB UTME registration or change of course period.
In brief, if you’re a graduate of Nutrition and Dietetics, you can end up becoming:
- Animal Nutritionist
- Community education officer
- Food Technologist
- Health promotion specialist
- International aid/development worker
- Medical sales representative
- Nutritional therapist
- And more according to Prospects.ac.uk.
The purpose of this post is to give you the list of polytechnics, not universities (check this if you prefer the universities), where you can study the medical-related course.
Having said that, be aware that med-technological courses in Polytechnics are just the Science Laboratory Technology and Nutrition and Dietetics. See the list of polytechnics/colleges of health technology you can consider for SLT here.
But you can have more if you choose colleges of health technology instead. If you love health care, you may want to consider any of the two.
Polytechnics and Colleges of Health Where to Study Nutrition and Dietetics
- Anambra State Polytechnic, Mgbakwu (ANSCOAM)
- College of Health Science And Technology, Ijero (CHST-IJERO)
- Delta State College Of Health Technology, Ofuoma (COHTECH-OFU)
- Federal Polytechnic, Bauchi (FEDPO-BAU)
- Federal Polytechnic, Bida (FEDPO-BID)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ede (FEDPO-EDE)
- Federal Polytechnic, Ilaro (FEDPO-ILA)
- Federal Polytechnic Mubi (FEDPO-MUB)
- Imo State Polytechnic (IMO-POLY)
- Kaduna Polytechnic (KAD-POLY)
- Nigerian College of Aviation Technology, Zaria (NGCHTECH)
- Ogun Polytechnic Ipokia (OGUN-POLY)/Moshood Abiola Polytechnic (MAPOLY)
- Ramat Polytechnic Maiduguri (RAMATPOLY)
- Rufus Giwa Polytechnic, Owo (RUGIPO)
- Shehu Idris College of Health Sciences and Technology, Makarfi (SHEHU IDRIS)
- Yaba College of Technology, Lagos (YABATECH)
- College of Health Technology, Ningi (CHT-NINGI)
- Emirates College of Health Sciences and Technology, Kano (EMIRATES)
- Gombe State College Of Health Sciences And Technology, Kaltungo (GCHSTECH)
- Hassan Usman Katsina Polytechnic (KAT-POLY)
- Osun State School of Health Technology (OSCOHST)
- New Gate College of Health Technology (NGCHTECH)
JAMB UTME Subject Combination For Nutrition and Dietetics
JAMB brochure asks generally for English, Chemistry, Biology, and Agricultural Science. However, some polytechnics and colleges of health require you to check their specific admission conditions as follows:
- FEDPO-ILA requires Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science and any other one from Food &Nutrition, Physics
- FEDPO-BAU requires any three (3) subjects from Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Geography, Economics, Biology, Agricultural Science, and Home Economics.
- RUGIPO accepts either of Biology or Agricultural Science as UTME subjects
- KAD-POLY requires Chemistry and any two (2) of Biology, Agricultural Science, Food & Nutrition, Physics, Mathematics, and Economics as UTME subjects.
- FEDPO-EDE accepts Physics as a UTME subject.
O’level (SSCE) Subjects Requirements for Nutrition and Dietetics
- Five (5) SSC credit passes in Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science/Health Science and any three (3) of the following:
- Food and Nutrition, Mathematics, Economics/Commerce,
- Physics, English Language, Home Management. O Level credit passes in English Language and Mathematics are required.
- KAT-POLY accepts TC II, Craft Certificate, NCE, NTC with four (4) credits in four (4) relevant subjects including Mathematics. OR Category B Physics/Technical Drawing and any of Mathematics or General Science)
- SHEHU IDRIS requires five (5) O Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology/Agricultural Science, Chemistry, and one (1) subject chosen from Physics, Food and Nutrition, Economics, Commerce, and Home Management.
- FEDPO-EDE requires five (5) O level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science/Health Science, and one (1) subject from the following Food and Nutrition, Physics, Economics, Commerce.
- IMO-POLY- requires a credit pass in Chemistry.
- OGUN-POLY requires five (5) credits at not more than two sittings to include Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/ Agricultural Science with at least pass in English Language and Physics.
- FEDPO-BAU accepts Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science/Health Science, and any three (3) subjects from Food and Nutrition, Mathematics, Economics/Commerce, Physics, English Language, Home Management. Credit passes in English Language and Mathematics are required.
- FEDPO-EDE requires five (5) O Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agricultural Science/Health Science, and any one (1) subject from Physics, Food & Nutrition, Economics/Commerce, Home Economics.
- FEDPO-ILA requires O Level credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology/Agric Science/Health Science, and any one (1) from the following: Food & Nutrition, Economics/Commerce, Physics, Home Management, Agricultural Science. And Relevant NTC/NBC &NVC Trades.
Best Related Posts
- FEDERAL POLY EDE: List of Courses and Acceptable O’level Results (Subjects)
- Delta State College of Technology Form is Out: Procedures, Courses, Price and Closing Date
- Adamawa State College of Nursing & Midwifery, Yola Form is Out: Procedures, Price and Closing Date
- School of Nursing, Health Tech, and Hygiene: Answers to Students’ Questions on Admissions
- 6 Options to Consider If You Missed or Failed JAMB: No 1 to 5 Seriously Will Help