Without any doubt, it’s high time I addressed the problems including:
- CBT centre made a mistake in my email during UTME registration, what should I do about it?
- They picked Male for me instead of Female and vice versa, can I correct that?
- I made mistake in the spelling of (or misarranged) my names, how do I correct that?
- I picked a wrong state and local government of origin, how can I correct it?
- Do I need to do corrections at a café or a CBT centre?
- They picked the wrong subjects for my UTME, what should I do?
If you’re in any of the situations above, you’re the right page brother.
Let’s dive into it.
1. Correcting Email Address Wrongly Entered at CBT Centre?
Some candidates gave their correct email addresses to the CBT centres but the operators or the attendants entered wrong spellings. For example, a student of mine gave them [email protected], the CBT centre entered firstname.lastname@example.org. Do you see the error? The omission of the last “0”
The bad news is that you or the CBT centre can’t correct this error. They will only tell you “sorry”. JAMB office can’t handle it as well. Don’t even go to a local cafe.
I have a suggestion for you though.
Kindly create the wrong email they entered for you. This will let you claim the email for yourself. It can save you some headaches in the future. The correct email is useful too but not for your JAMB again.
This doesn’t mean you won’t be able to use the wrong email to access your JAMB profile. It will still enter your profile when used to log in (even though it’s incorrect). Just make sure you don’t forget the JAMB profile password. That’s where things can get messy.
- Ensure you don’t forget your JAMB profile email (even if it’s wrong one) and the JAMB profile password so that there won’t need to face issues with the wrong email again.
- Whenever you need to log into your profile, you will continue to use the wrong email and the profile password. It will enter. So relax!
- It’s only if you forget your JAMB profile password that you will need email in the first place to reset the profile password. If you don’t forget your JAMB profile password, you won’t have any problem with your admission processes or any need to log in to the wrong email.
- If you should forget your password, that may force you back to CBT centre for any other admission activities henceforth.
- Don’t consider buying a new form. It will lead to a double application since your registration has already been done.
2. Correcting Spelling and Wrong Arrangement of Names
This kind of error is from the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) – a result of carelessness on the part of a candidate or the attendant. It’s a candidate’s fault because you’re there when your registration was ongoing. You could have argued it was done wrongly then.
NOTE: Cybercafes are not (for now) allowed to do a change of names or correction of names for candidates.
3. Correcting Mistakes in the Choice of Gender (Male/Female)
This error can be corrected before JAMB is done or after. I will advise you to wait till after the JAMB result is out. There are two reasons for that:
- CBT may not be available to handle errors like this when registration is hot and there are more candidates to attend to when the main UTME registration is on.
- If after you see your score, it is not enough to pull or gain admission for the year, will the mistake in gender type be important again? You can save your money.
If you don’t want to wait, you can still affect this change at a CBT centre at a price around N3,500 or less. The price will still be the same if you wait until your result is out.
NOTE that you can effect this change at a local cybercafe too. Also, see how to do that yourself.
4. Correcting the Mistakes in State and Local Government of Origin
This can be corrected any time after your JAMB result is released.
A couple of days after the JAMB result is officially released, the body will open what is called, “Change of Data Exercise” During this time; you can change anything in your JAMB details except the subject combination. I will address that below.
During the exercise, you can do a change of local government and state. Interestingly, you don’t have to go back to CBT centre to do the change of State and Local Government. A café around you is allowed to do that for you.
Visit the nearest and professional café and seek their service or handle it yourself as guided in the link above. The price for change of State and local government is N2,500 excluding the Remita charge and café service charges.
NOTE: Be sure you can get the local government identification or certificate of the local government you want to change to. You will need it during post UTME or after you’ve been offered admission.
5. Correcting Wrong Subject Combination for UTME
Needless to say, you need to combine the right subjects for your proposed course at the university, polytechnic or college of education before you can be offered admission.
Candidates with the wrong subject, even with 350 may remain at home while a colleague with 150 and the right subjects find his way to the campus.
In order to correct your subject combination error, return to any CBT centre before the time JAMB exams schedule slip will be ready for printing. This is why all candidates must study the JAMB brochure or check admission eligibility to avoid this type of errors.
UPDATE: JAMB said it has discontinued the correction of the subject combination at CBT centre. However, after this announcement, candidates are still able to change their subjects at nearby CBT centres. Hence, you can still visit any CBT centre and request for correction of UTME subjects before the exams.
|JAMB conflicting announcement|
If you find out you had written wrong subjects after writing the exams or result already released, kindly read my dedicated post, “What Candidates Should Do With Wrong Subject Combination in UTME”
Corrections You can Make at CBT Centres and Cafes
Below are the corrections you can make at CBT Centres that Cyber Cafés can’t do.
- Change of Name (JAMB office now)
- Change of Date of Birth (JAMB office mostly)
- Correction of State and Local Government of Origin (JAMB office mostly)
- Correction of wrong subjects for UTME (before the exams schedule or the reprinting of UTME slip is out)
- Uploading of O’level results
- Change of Date of Birth
- Correction of State and Local Government of Origin
- Correction or Change of Institutions and courses of choice
- Change of JAMB profile password and Email password
Note that both CBT centres and cafes can’t correct errors in the spelling of email used during UTME registration.
These are a few issues that may arise when the registration for UTME is ongoing. However, if you must do a change of institutions/courses, you must read this post instead. It is dedicated to change of institutions and courses both before admission is given or after.
People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.
Best Related Posts
- JAMB Profile Code: 3 Quick Ways to Get New One or Retrieve/Recover Lost One
- Direct Entry Form: DE Registration Procedures, Price, Closing Date, etc
- Last JAMB Profile/Code: Why You May Not Want to Use it for This Year UTME
- How to Choose Institutions in UTME and DE: A Must Read for All Admission Seekers
- JAMB UTME/DE: Answers to the Questions Bothering Admission Seekers