2020 Admission Starting and Closing Dates by JAMB and Schools

It’s the time of the year when students will be asking a series of questions, such as:

• When is the JAMB admission starting?
    • When is the JAMB admission closing?
    • When is the JAMB admission list coming out?
    • When is the JAMB admission letter coming out?
    • How do I check my JAMB admission status etc?

The post below will give you answers as succinctly as possible.

JAMB Admission Closing Date for the Year 2020

Recall that JAMB has earlier announced August 20, 2020, as the commencement date for the year admission exercise. It’s later reviewed that the 2020 admission and related exercises will hold between September 7 and November 18, 2020. However, a new, and probably the final review, had been officially released.

This newly announced date by JAMB will allow candidates seeking admission on awaiting results to meet up with their respective institutions post-UTME and screening exercises.

JAMB Held Meeting With Heads of Institutions to Agree on Closing Date for 2020/2021 Admission Exercise

The decision was collectively taken at a virtual meeting with Heads of Tertiary Institutions in the country on Wednesday, February 24, 2021.
      In his remarks on the occasion, the Registrar of the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board(JAMB), Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, said the meeting with the institutions was aimed at knowing the level they had reached on the 2020/21 Admissions scale.

The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) together with all universities, polytechnics, colleges of education, and innovative enterprise institutes has announced June 15, 2021, as the deadline for the 2020/2021 admissions into Nigerian tertiary institutions.

I will be sure to update this post if anything changes sooner or later. Bookmark and revisit.

The Release of Admission Letters by JAMB

As detailed in my post, “JAMB CAPS Now Opened: System Through Which JAMB Will Give Admission to Aspirants“, every applicant must monitor his admission status through CAPS in his or her JAMB profile dashboard.

READ MORE  How to Choose Institutions For UTME and DE (2021/2022 Updates)

This is the medium through which the body will let you know the progress of your admission. You’re to, in the end, accept or reject or accept admission if offered. As soon as you accept your offer, your admission letter is available for printing.

Just follow the guideline to print admission letter as details in my post, “JAMB Result, Original JAMB Result, and Admission Letters: What Admission seekers should know“.

Problems with Deletion and Non-Acceptance of Admission on CAPS

A number of candidates complained of the inability to print admission letters of the previous session. It must be noted that any admission not accepted on CAPS before the closure of admission for the year is an incomplete exercise that cannot be resuscitated. 

See the need to accept your admission offer through CAPS before admission ends

Institutions are reminded of the process and procedure for deletion and rejection which is again attached as 2019 JAMB’s Guideline Appendix III.

READ: What JAMB and Schools Do When you Reject Admission on CAPS

Checking Admission Status on School Portal

Even though you’re to check and accept admission on the JAMB portal through CAPS, you must as well check your school’s portal for such a facility too. 

Don’t forget:

1. It’s on the school portal you’ll accept the admission and make payment for your acceptance
          2. It’s on the school portal you’ll do your fresher registration
          3. It’s on the school portal you’ll check for further details on your admission
          NEED a guide, further explanation, update or answer on something? Check if that has been covered on this blog by searching your question on Google and add schoolcontents.info in front e.g  Will I be offered admission with 150 + schoolcontents.info.  My posts on it or related ones will be displayed for you by Google.
          ATTENTION!
          People would appreciate it if you could just share this post with them on FacebookTwitterWhatsapp, etc. Use the share icons below for your convenience.

Best Related Posts

1. NO ADMISSION YET, Why O’level Result is the Reason for Delay 
              2. What to Do if Another/a Strange School Gives You Admission on JAMB CAPS
              3. What Happens if CAPS shows “Not Admitted”? Is All Hope Lost? 
              4. What Candidates Should Do After JAMB Gives Admission on CAPS 
              5. Can JAMB Give Admission from Two or More Schools to a Candidate Through CAPS?

Leave a Reply