LIST OF THE IBRAPA POLYTECHNIC COURSES AND SSCE (O’LEVEL) REQUIREMENTS
Before applying for TIPS ND courses through post UTME or choosing them in UTME, it’s advisable that prospective applicants should go through the available courses in the school and grades they will need in their O’level results.
Below is what you’re required to have for their ND courses
1. Computer Science
- Five Credit passes in the WASC, SSCE and GCE O’Level in not more than 2 sittings. The subject must include: English Language, Mathematics. Physics
- And any two of the following: Chemistry, Economics, Biology/Agric Science, Geography (Minimum of a Pass (D7) in Physics is allowed)
2. Library and Information Science
A credit Pass in English language (compulsory) with 4 credits in any other subject plus at least a PASS in Mathematics at GCE O’Level/WASCE/NECO/SSCE.
3. Math & Statistics
5 credits passess in the WASC, SSCE or GCE O’Level in not more than two sittings. The subject must include Mathematics, a basic science and any three from the following: Statistics, Physics
Chemistry, Biology/agric science, Further Mathematics, Economics/commerce, Geography, English language and Government and at least a pass in English language.
4. Fine Art
English language (Credit), Fine Art (Credit/Pass), Mathematics (Credit) and any other three O’Level subject at Credit level
5. Fashion and Design
English language (credit), Mathematics (Credit), and any other three O’Level subject at Credit level.
6. Civil Engineering
- For holders of WAEC/NECO/GCE, Five minimum credits require include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry with any two subjects from: Biology/agric science, Technical drawing, Woodwork, Further Mathematics, English language, Geography, Economics/commerce
- At least a pass in English language is required OR For holders of NABTEB Certificate a credit pass is required in Mathematics with any two subjects from: Physics, Chemistry, Biology/agricultural science, Technical drawing, Woodwork, Further Mathematics, Building engineering drawing, Economics/commerce
- At least a pass in English language is required and Good pass in following UTME subjects: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry/Technical drawing.
7. Business Administration & Mgt.
- Five credits in GCE/O’level, WAEC, NECO or SSCE in not more than two sittings which include the followings: English language, Mathematics, Economics or commerce
- And any 2 from the followings: Government, Principles of accounts/book-keeping, Geography, Business methods, Office practice, Biology, Agric science, ChemistryPhysics
8. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Five credit pass in not more than two sittings for holders of WAEC/NECO, GCE and NABTEB certificate including Mathematics, physics and chemistry and any two subjects from: Biology /Agricultural Science, Technical Drawing, Basic Electronics/Basic Electricity, Electrical installation, Further mathematics, English Language, Geography and Economics
- With at least a pass in English Language.
9. Office Technology Management
- Five ‘O’ Level Credit pass in not more than two sittings in: English Language (not Literature in English), Mathematics, Economics/Commerce/Business methods/Office Practice.
- And any two other subjects at not more than two sittings: Principle of Accounting, Literature, Government, Geography, Biology, History, Typewriting, Shorthand, Agricultural Science, Chemistry, Physics
- Ibarapa Polytechnic requires pass in Mathematics but accept Principles of Account.
10. Mass Communication
Credit passes in Mathematics and English Language and any additional three (3) credit from: Geography, Physics, Yoruba, Account, History, Chemistry, Government, Biology, IRK/CRS, Economics, Commerce, Literature in English